8 reasons you should be eating MORE FAT (some will shock you)
Now, most people don’t think of guacamole as a fat-burning snack because it’s very high in fat, but avocados are actually one of the healthiest, fat blasting foods around. In fact, the notion that eating fat makes you fat couldn’t be more wrong, as eating fat, and lots of it, is a critical part of achieving optimal health and the body you want.
Why? Here are 8 great reasons:
1. When added to a meal, fat slows gastric emptying and helps to stabilize blood sugar levels in response to a meal. Here’s another simple way to stabilize your blood sugar.
2. Like protein, fats keep you feeling full and satiated much longer than carbs do.
3. Due to the above fact, eating fat also helps you avoid carb cravings (which is the real contributor to increased body fat levels). Another tool to help you with your carb intake can be found here on this page.
4. Fat helps to optimize your hormone levels as fat is a major player in your endocrine (hormone) system.
5. Fat, particularly this kind, contributes to healthier skin, hair, and a more youthful appearance.
6. Fat also plays a critical role in your nervous system, giving you energy and keeping you alert. In fact, there is one particular fat that makes up 97% of all the fatty acids in your brain. If you want a healthy brain, make sure you’re getting plenty of this “super fat” every day.
7. Given the same calorie intake, by introducing more fat into your diet you’ll automatically reduce your carb intake. Carbs can be really troublesome when it comes to losing belly fat, which is why we recommend adding this to your program when eating carbs.
8. There are even certain types of fats, like CLA found in grass fed beef and organic dairy products, that have been shown to boost metabolism.
When it comes to LOSING fat, EATING fat is king!